After months of dominating, the SG553 has finally gotten a nerf that makes it more balanced.
This new Counter-Strike update is looking very exciting. It features a fair bit of changes to the weapons of Counter-Strike. SG553 finally got the nerf that the community has been asking for. M4A1-S got a price reduction of $200, which will allow CTs to more easily afford utility and build an economy. Tec-9 got reduced it’s firing inaccuracy reduced which might be enough to make it relevant again. Lastly, PP-Bizon’s armor penetration has been increased which I am excited for since PP-Bizon has been in a very bad state for the last few years.
Check out the official blog post here.
- SG553 – Reduced rate of fire and accuracy to bring the weapon’s value to be more in line with other rifles.
- AUG – Improved standing accuracy while unscoped. Slightly reduced scoped accuracy.
- M4A1-S – Price reduced to $2900.
- Deagle – Improved accuracy while jumping, lowering the time to recover accuracy after the player lands.
- Tec-9 – Reduced firing inaccuracy.
- Bizon – Increased armor penetration.
- Compressed several textures for less memory consumption.
- Silenced auto-vocalizations by bots during warmup.
- Removed ‘Guardian’ from “Looking to Play’ tab.
- Added a launch option -noubershader. Users on very old Intel hardware can set this launch option to improve their framerate. This option is not recommended otherwise as it is likely to cause stuttering on the overwhelming majority of GPUs.
- Moved from Scrimmage to Competitive mode.
- Fixed water reflection issues.
- Fixed all reports regarding clipping and unintended boost spots.
- Improved performance.
- Wall by door to A site balcony is bingelibangable.
- Tweaked HDR settings.
- Fixed some clipping issues.
- Blocked vis under truck on B site.
- New collision model on dumpsters found around the map.
- Fixed pixel boost #151 in water by B site.
- Revised world lighting.
- Reworked bombsite A backdrop.
(Changes based on pro player feedback)
- Snow has accumulated by dumpster in back courtyard.
- Beverage machines have been restocked.
- Office is now a non-smoking environment.
- Tidied up kitchen break room.
- Changed environment light to brighter shades
- Changed default CT player model to FBI
- Added plywood on B bombsite for better visibility
- Removed water puddles to avoid players being seen in smoke
- Fixed areaportal on squeaky door
- Added grenade clip on yellow tarp
- Included missing material for glowy eyes
- Fixed clipping issue near crazy river
- Fixed few bombstuck spots